2011. április 5., kedd

The Shaban fish restaurant - Translation

I told Maged, that I was very happy to live together with him because I could discover the Egyptian cuisin with him and with the help of the restaurants nearby. I need his help, because even if I can read the name of the foods, I dont know what they really are and I dont want to just pick one of them.

After the words we acted quickly and Maged told me that he would take me to a crazy restaurant today, which is called Shaban and it is located in the other part of Alexandria.

As in all restaurants, the first step was having a look in the menu, but the way as it happened here was far from normal.

At the end we ordered one piece from the longer fish for each of us (approx. 2kg together), some shrimp and a bit of soup for appetizer. I think I don't have to mention that all the fishes were fresh and they came directly from the sea today. I let Mego make our order and it was a big surprise for me when they served us.
After the preparation I charged the hills of fish with self-confidence and if I wouldn't have been able to eat all of it I had some voluntary helper as well. They tried to get close to the delicious bits and climb up to my legs. First I was patient and let them play their games but finally when I was fed up with the begging and suddenly stood up, they got scared and ran out. Of course we didnt have to wait long and they were soon encouraged enough to came close again. At the end I didn't need their help, but at the other table they had some success.

And how much was it? We payed 75LE each, but to be honest even the half of this amount would have been enough for me. At the end we were really delighted and even now I can feel my stomach. I think I will only have an orange for dinner tonight.... :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése